Leelou Blogs

Monday, June 17, 2013

Happy Birthday Carebear

Now this was a challenge for me as I was never a fan of sewing. I had to sew ears, eyes, limbs and so on. This was a special request from my BFF for her birthday and I could not say no. I could not find a free pattern for Carebear. I used the Bear in a Jif pattern from Lion Brand Yarn. I did some alteration at the ears and eyes and size of the bear.

I found the love pattern for the nose, foot pad, and butt from the net. It was simple pattern and was easy to make.

The legs were where I got stuck as the legs had like 3 toes. This was when I found a blog on carebear crocheting and I got help from Sharon. From her, I got to finish the legs and I was pretty happy with the outcome.


My friend was very thrilled to receive the gift.

front view
back view

No comments:

Post a Comment